Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blog #4

This post must include, at a minimum:
  1. Description of how you used Dreamweaver
Last we created a 2 page website using Adobe Dreamweaver, it is unlike basic HTML & CSS coding, and it is truly amazing and very powerful software! I used Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 to create the 2 page website as an instructional website to teach a beginning Spanish II lesson titled Geography and Geographical features. I inserted 1 image per page, and it included external websites, each page was linked to each other, it included unordered lists as a navigation menu, I included my email account link in case a viewer needed to contact me regarding the material in the website. I used styles such as bold to distinguish the titles, the headings, and the necessary materials the viewer needed to know. I included paragraph that explained the significance of the images and the subject matter. I saved the documents as index.html and DWTopic2.html and I created a zip folder with all of the website files in one folder which was placed into my desktop for easier access and emailed to my professor.
  1. What obstacles you encountered
The obstacles I encountered were learning how to allow the images to show, I did not realize most of my images and links were under the site root and this cause them not to show. I also forgot to link one of my pages to external website and finally, another problem I had was I forgot to include my email link on the next page; I included it on 1 page. :(
  1. How you resolved these obstacles
To be honest, I did not realize that my files and links were saved as a Site Root instead of relative to the document. Err…I did not realize that it would not show because I could see it on my test page. I did resolve these obstacles by re-reading the Teach Yourself Visually Dreamweaver CS# book and it showed me that I was not achieving the results I wanted do to this fact. I now know how to cease this problem and prevent it from happening again on my 100 point assignment! ;-)
  1. What successes you experienced (what you learned) Ideas about how you can use Dreamweaver for future projects
The successes I experience are how to create a wonderful website on my own and how to test it before I upload it! The ideas that spring forward from my mind using it as an instructional manner to create a lesson create a website for a non-profit organization or a business. I would love to use a Spanish lesson in a corporate setting to teach business professional how to communicate effectively in a Spanish speaking country while on business. :-)
As always, be sure to submit the link to your blog in this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment