Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blog #3

Blog #3




This post must include, at a minimum:

1. Before and After images of a photo of yourself that you have retouched or otherwise altered in Photoshop. 
Before Adobe Photoshop CS3


After Adobe Photoshop CS3


2. Description of how you made the changes.
       The changes I created in Adobe Photoshop CS3 were changing the image within rotating the canvas vertical, and then shifting it to 180 degrees. This allowed me to flip the before photo which I was facing the right and the after photo is facing to the left.  I created adjustments to the hue of the photo by changing the before photo from color to the after photo which is black and white. I also used the image tab and the adjustment to create a shadow/highlight. The next step I created was adding text to the photo. I used the text tool to create text writing my name within the font script MT bold regular, the font size was 14 points, and the font color was fuchsia, the text was located on the side of the brick wall. I created this look to allow it to look as though there was “writing on the wall.” The final change I made to the photo is saving the new image for web and devices within Adobe PhotoshopCS3. I saved it as a Jpeg high at 60.04k at 22 seconds; the quality was 60 at 28.8 Kpbs.


3. Identify any obstacles you encountered.
       The obstacles I ran into while creating an altered photo image in Adobe Photoshop CS3 was trying to set the image as a black and white with small color swatches inside. I like the black and white images that have a certain detail that is placed in color to allow it to stand out. I wanted that look but I am not sure where I went wrong with it, but I decided to change and allow it to have a shadow and highlight with color text instead. I plan to continue working on this until I have it perfected and I hope I will have the Lynda.com videos by next month when I start my new job, which will help me a lot!




4. What successes you experienced (what you learned).
        The successes I have experienced are that Adobe Photoshop CS3 is a unique and powerful photo/ image editing software. This software program allows me to successfully learn how to manipulate a photo or an image, how to change the saturation or hue, rotate it, and add text. I successfully experienced how to alter an image or photo and I thought I was not technically savvy to do this but I have learned that I can do this and it is so much fun! It is more fun than the Picnik editing software!



5. Ideas about how you can use Photoshop for future projects.
       The ideas for the future projects I may create in Adobe Photoshop CS3 is creating vibrant photos in different colors, changing or creating frames for the images, creating images for flyers,creating professional flyers, altering blemishes and skin imperfections from photos, using Adobe Photoshop CS3 in digital photography, basic graphic design, using it for the visual literacy course here at the U of A, photo image editing for scrapbooking, creating a scrapbook for a classroom, or a non-profit organization. It could be used to highlight the projects of a non-profit organization’s year or programs throughout the organization’s existence. The ideas are limitless and it holds endless creative ideas for the Adobe Photoshop CS3 user! I love this software!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment