Saturday, December 4, 2010

Blog #6








This post must include, at a minimum:
  1. Description of how you used Audacity or another audio recording/editing application I used Audacity to create a podcast about the difference between a podcast and an audio file. The first thing I did was to create a podcast using a microphone and speaker attached to my computer. I created an outline and a script before I began my podcast to eliminate any potential excessive pauses and excessive noises. After I complete the podcast file on Audacity, I then when to effects and I used the normalize button to normalize each section of the file. I then used the effects to remove the pops and clicks within the sound recording and I used the effects to eliminate all excessive noises within each section. I cut out all of the excessive pauses I found within each section of the podcast. For example, any um,well,okay,like,uh, oh words that would create a pause or allow me to not sound professional. There was a lot of noise but I do realize that some of it was the microphone I was using and I learned how to control the sound of the speakers and the microphone in Windows Vista. I had to remove a lot of the excessive noise patterns through the timed increments within Audacity. To do this, I had to use the effects button and then proceed to using the noise reduction key. I kept an appropriate volume level consistent throughout the entire project except the problems I had toward the end. I will discuss those in number  I included an accurate description of the difference between a podcast and a audio file. I identified my resources as ipodder, Wikipedia, WiseGeek.com, and the Harvard Law School Information Technology department. I introduced myself and the podcast show's name, and the topic were were discussing. 
  2. What obstacles you encountered: The obstacles I encountered were the sound of the microphone...once I completed the recording I learned  the volume or the quality had changed so I looked at the microphone volume and it was set to balance each speaker, it was balanced on the right and the left sides. Another obstacle was uploading the completed 3 files to my blog post. 
  3. How you resolved these obstacles: I resolved this obstacles mostly by asking for help and guidance because I truly could not understand what happened. I resolved any microphone and excessive noises by eliminating all excessive noise, amplifying the sound throughout the entire podcast and balancing the microphone sound.
  4. What successes you experienced (what you learned): I learned how to create a  podcast and I learned that it is very fun and that I can create a podcast for any topic! :-) My pastor wants to create podcasts for his sermons to place on a future website for our church. I think I am prepared to show him how to create a podcast or record the podcast for him and edit and upload it! :-) 
  5. Ideas about how you can use an audio recorder/editor for future projects: The ideas about how I can use an audio recorder/ editor for future projects are: 
  • Education- Using it in a class room to record a Science, Math, History/ Social Study Skills, or Reading lecture or read a story to elementary children. 
  • Business- To create a podcast for a broadcasting company, for example, a radio show that showcases musical genres, a talk show, a sports talk show, or to discuss business/ financial issues or concerns.
  • Personal- To create a podcast to share with friends and family, to create a podcast to read to books to my future children, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment